Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Masala Puffed Rice

Masala puffed rice was my favorite n stomach filling snack during my college(hostel) days :-).I often do this crunchy snack for my li'l one as it is very easy and simple,and also can be made in minutes.



Ingredients:

1.Puffed Rice...........3 cups

2.Split channa(Pottu kadlai).......1/2 cup

3.Roasted groundnut..........1/2 cup

4.Cashew nuts.........10-15 nos

5.Red chilli(dry)..........3

6.Salt to taste.

7.Hing/Asafoetida....a pinch

8.Curry leaves......... few

9.Turmeric powder.....1/4 spoon

10.Oil...........2 spoon

11.Garlic cloves......10 to 15 nos

12.Mustard Seeds...........1/2 spoon





Procedure:

1.Dry fry the puffed rice,split channa and cashew one by one.Keep them aside.

2.Heat a kadai,add oil,mustard and allow this to splutter.Then add dry red chilli,turmeric powder,hing,curry leaves,garlic and salt one after the other.

Note: Slit garlic cloves to get it fried quickly.

3.Later add fried split channa,groundnuts,cashews and puffed rice.
.
4.Fry this for 5 to 10 minutes.

5.Store it in a air tight container once cooled down.

A perfect snack for a movie time,for an evening with tea,for a lunch snack etc.Consume within 2 to 3 weeks.

Tip:

If u like u can add raisins and any other nuts.Avoid oil fried nuts and sev,that will change the original taste to usual savoury.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a quick and tasty snack. I am gng to my kitchen to make it right now for my evening tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for ur encouraging comments!!Do post me the result too :) !!

    ReplyDelete